Golden Acres Hospice Services
When facing a life-limiting diagnosis, you can trust end-of-life care to Golden Acres Hospice Services. Rest assured you’ll have a team of truly compassionate, highly-trained care providers who are inspired to do everything possible to improve the lives of people who are facing a terminal illness.
Care where the patient lives:
Our compassionate end-of-life care is provided in the patient’s home, whether that is a home address, nursing home, assisted living community, independent living community or other location. It focuses on the physical, spiritual and emotional needs of both the individual patient and our patients’ loved ones: caregivers, spouses, children, extended family and friends.
Comfort and support:
We emphasize dignity and peace, controlling pain and other symptoms so the patient can remain as alert and comfortable as possible. Our medical social workers help the family understand and cope with loss; we can also call upon non-denominational chaplains to provide additional spiritual support and grief counseling.
Golden Acres is known for our distinctive leadership in hospice care. It begins with our medical directors, whose experience in hospice and palliative care provides a reliable resource to our patients’ physicians. Our physicians help guide our hospice nurses to provide exceptional care when there is no cure.
Our hospice nurses provide quality care while also helping manage the complex journey of a life-limiting illness.
Nursing services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. In addition to scheduled visits, we provide care and support on an emergency basis, including crisis care situations to help patients, where possible, avoid having to go to an emergency room.
Hospice services are covered by Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance.
Other features Golden Acres Hospice Services include:
- Assists the patient with the emotional and psychological aspects of dying
- Assertively manages the patient’s pain and other symptoms with the goal of minimizing or eliminating pain and discomfort
- Provides medications related to the illness for symptom control and pain relief
- Provides necessary equipment such as a hospital bed, wheelchair, walker and oxygen
- Provides spiritual care support through experienced chaplains and social workers
- Teaches families about how to care for the patient
- Makes short-term inpatient care available when pain or symptoms become too difficult to manage at home, or if the caregiver needs respite
- Offers volunteers for companionship and support
Golden Acres Hospice Services also coordinates:
- Bereavement care and counseling to surviving family members and caregivers
- Specialized care for advanced wounds
- Home infusion services
- Home X-ray services